Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Panel Edge Glue-ups Without Jointing?

On 10/11/2010 9:27 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
I'm getting ready to glue up some panels for an electronics rack case
I'm building for a client. The longest panels will be 42".

In what I think was a table saw thread, maybe a year ago, someone
mentioned that they get a glue-up-ready edge joint with their table saw.
I do have a jointer, but I also have a good table saw with a good blade,
a long rip fence and a long outfeed table.

Any of you guys remember writing that?
Anyone else glue up panels with the saw cut alone?
Is there a better saw blade for this?

Freud makes a "glue line rip" blade that, IME, does just that.

Although I am partial to using a jointer for preparing edges for panel
glue up so that I can swap opposing edges to take advantage of
complimentary angles, thereby neutralizing even the slightest deviation
from 90 degrees in tool setup, I have used just the Freud blade for
smaller panels with excellent results.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010