Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Air power tools

On Mon, 11 Oct 2010 16:08:38 -0400, aemeijers
wrote:

On 10/11/2010 1:39 PM, Oren wrote:
On Mon, 11 Oct 2010 10:03:37 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

Well, when i watch these home improvement shows, most of the time they
show someone with an air nailer tool, and its looks completely
portable to me..no wire shown connected to the tool. ..which is odd,
cause most of these shows explain things, but not once did I ever hear
one of them say as they show using the tool, anything about a
compressor or whatever. Do they think that the watcher Knows? Well I
don't.

When you watch those shows, and by going to the web site you will
often see sponsors listed and tools from the companies.

What you describe is a Paslode Nailer, mentioned here earlier.

http://www.paslode.com/

Looks expensive to keep fed. I suppose if you are making money with it,
it might make sense. So how do the things work? Butane-fed piston with
the trigger firing off a glorified stove igniter? The whole concept
doesn't seem real 'green'.

They are pricey. Basically yes. A fuel cell that charges the tool and
then fires the nail / stapler. They won't fire unless it is pressed
against the material being fastened. Just like a compressor nailer.

I've used the Paslode stapler when installing new construction windows
(securing the window flanges). When standing on a ladder all day, they
are the tool of choice -- imho.

Inside a residence, just a air compressor and finish nailer it better.