Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rick Cavallaro Rick Cavallaro is offline

Default OT Here is an example of pseudo science.

On Oct 11, 12:48*pm, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:
Roger Chapman wrote:
On 11/10/2010 15:51, Rick Cavallaro wrote:
If we're still imagining the air cloud to be a shell with nothing in
the middle (i.e. the place where the earth is missing), objects would
not sink to the middle of that void. *There's no gravity inside a
uniform shell of any thickness.

You sure about that?

Hmm. there's a nasty integral to be done there..Or some tensor calculus..

I would not be surprised if it were true.

It's true, and the integral is not pretty. It's more easily proved by
simulation (in my opinion).