Posted to alt.home.repair
notbob notbob is offline

Default CitiBank, Home Depot doesn't like gun makers

On 2010-10-11, Jim Yanik wrote:

You can have your carry permit revoked,and it's usually a misdemeanor
crime.

A "misdemeanor" may not be all the benign, any more. I got a class D
misdemeanor for a sliding on ice and hitting a tree. I was doing
about 10mph, was perfectly sober, but my passenger had decided to take
off her seat belt, cuz she was uncomfortable and we were only a
hundred yds from home. Well, she hurt her knee (elderly) and I got
cited for endangering a person.

When the judge (yes, I had to appear) asked if I was aware of the
possible penalties before I plead, he related them to me. Possible
ten thousand dollar fine and/or 18 mos in jail!!! Are you kidding
me!? A misdemeanor?

Fortunately, I'd spoke to the ADA and since I had awesome med
insurance and the passenger was family and well provided for, I got
off with a simple $100 fine. But still.....

nb