Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Electric dryer problem

wrote:
I have a 10 year old Whirlpool electric front load dryer. Several
months ago it overheated and stopped. Had to wait for it to cool and
then it started again. It worked fine after that (we use it daily),
so I forgot about it. The second time it happened, I cleaned out the
vent duct, but it was not clogged at all. Again, it worked fine for
over a month. Now its done it again, but once I let it cool and
restated it, its been going fine for the last few days.

I don't think it is a timer issue or door switch. I'm thinking it is
the thermostat or thermal cutoff?

Am I on the right track. Should I just replace both?

Thermal cutoff bad would mean it wouldn't shut off. Ergo, if it's one
or the other of those two, it's the thermostatic control.

OTOH, it could be a motor thermal cutout instead.