Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Phillipson[_3_] Don Phillipson[_3_] is offline

Default Self-adhering underlayment. Will it protect from leaks on a tile roof?

"Lamkin" wrote in message

I have a very leaky tile roof, which had been "repaired" a few years
ago, but now it's leaking again. . . .
So my question is because of the pine needles and the pitch of my
roof, is there any way to reliably water and leak-proof it or would I
have to go the shingle route? I was wondering if self-adhering
underlayment along with synthetic paper would do the trick. And would
copper valleys do a better job of water-proofing than the stainless
steel ones I have?

1. It is not clear why you propose replacing a tiled roof with shingles.

2. The practical question for homeowners is whose advice you can
trust: and the best answer is that of the roof contractors who did good
similar work for your neighbours 5 or 10 years ago. If you know no one
who employed roofers recently, nothing prevents your knocking on a
stranger's door to ask who executed work you admire.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs