Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Grumpy Grumpy is offline

Default Adjusting Pumptrol pressure switch Range

Why not just replace the impellor?
Usually a drop in "shut in" pressure is due to wear either on the impellor
tips, or wear at the suction so the water from the discharge side of the
impellor leaks back around to the suction side. Have a look at it and see
if there is a lot of wear. A replacement impellor would be a lot cheaper
than a complete pump.

"Dave, I can't do that" wrote in message
Hi All,

I hope not too far off topic.

My well pump is not able to make 50psi anymore and I don't have the
cash to replace it. It is making about 40psi reliably so I adjusted
the pressure switch Range to cut out at 38psi. BUT, because that is a
"range" it now waits until 18-psi before coming on. The spec sheet
states the stock Range is 30 to 50.

I want to shorten the Range so it cuts in around 25 and out at 35. I
have a 200 gallon pressure accumulator so hunting on/off will not be a
major problem.

My guess is to cut some off the length of the Range spring or try for
a lighter spring.

Anyone ever played with this stuff? Suggestions?

I have emailed Square-D but still waiting on a reply.

Thanks in advance.

Dave