Posted to rec.woodworking
Josepi[_12_] Josepi[_12_] is offline

Default Motor Reversing

For fast stops a powered brake on may be preferred to normally brake on with
a spring setting the speed and strength to be held open all the time.

"-MIKE-" wrote in message
Interesting. There is certainly a lot for force against a bike brake
than a coasting saw blade/motor. I think a simple spring and
electromagnet/solenoid would do the trick in the same way an electric
door bell works.
No electric current: spring holds brakes closed.
Electric current: solenoid pulls brakes open.
A manual cable or secondary electric source could be added for manual
brake release.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)