Posted to rec.woodworking
Pilgrim Pilgrim is offline

Default Removing Rusty Nails from Wood

In article ,
sam wrote:

I got some old oak fence posts with nails in them. Of course, when
I try to take out the nails, they break off. Is there is ingenious
way to get these old nails out? When I plane down the good wood after
taking out the nails, this oak is just plain beautiful.

Thanks,

PS - Yes, I have a Lumber Wizard!

If you can tolerate a larger hole, This is what I have done. Take a
piece of tubing that will fit over the nail, with a file make the teeth
of a hole saw around the perimeter[for most purposes 4 teeth will do],
put in an electric drill and have at it.

CP