Posted to uk.d-i-y
AL_n AL_n is offline

Default Water pump motor for wind turbine project?

Andy Dingley wrote in news:b3d467e8-ef2a-4c0b-
:

Volvo
240 hubs

Thanks for the suggestion. That looks like an interesting option. However,
due to limited available time, I was hoping to avoid stator-building and
coil-winding. My hope was that I could visit a scrapyard or recycling
center and come away with a ready-made generator of some kind, salvaged
from a kitchen appliance, vehicle, or whatever.

I'm not looking to win any awards for the most efficient home-made wind
turbine; I just want to lash together something that will keep a 6v or 12v
battery charged up.

If I'm still enthralled by this field of pursuit after that, I might embark
on a bigger & better Mark II, perhaps with self-built rotor & stator,
special magnets and so-on.

Al