Posted to alt.home.repair
willshak willshak is offline

Default Can't adjust the Pilot light in my Gas Stove (flame too big)?adj screw.

AA VVVV wrote the following:
My pilot light flame has gotten too big recently, it goes past the two
sensors. I found the adjustment screw on the honeywell valve, but
the flame does not respond to the adjustment. I tried unscrewing it
all the way (using a very small flat screw driver) to see if the
spring is stuck, but there is no spring. My stove is a Vermont
casting stove about 6 years old. Any ideas? Also, curious what made
the pilot light get bigger to begin with? thanks

I can't help, but I'm surprised that a 6 year old gas stove would still
have a pilot light rather than electronic ignition.

here is a picture of the gas valve.

http://i716.photobucket.com/albums/w...p777/pilot.jpg
pilot adjustment above the two wire leads.

valve model VS8420E
http://tinyurl.com/2em4set

stove model: rdv40

--