Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
tom koehler tom koehler is offline

Default first segmented turning

On Sun, 10 Oct 2010 15:53:14 -0500, Kevin Miller wrote
(in message ):

I think the unknown wood may be teak. Hard to tell from the photo,but
it looks an awful lot like it to me. Does it have sort of a soapy feel?
The teak I've turned had a very distinct feel to it when worked. It
tools nicely.

Hope to see more coming out of your shop Tom...

...Kevin

I did noty nbotice any unusual feel to the wood - neither more slick nor
"soapy" feeling. I will give it another grope, and try to notice. Thanks for
the hint. Thanks also for the encouragement.
tom

--
I will find a way or make one.