Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jon Anderson Jon Anderson is offline

Default Keeping metal stuff in plastic shed

On 10/10/2010 12:04 PM, Pilgrim wrote:

What type of floor? One of the biggest problems you will have if it
doesn't have a vapor proof floor is moisture coming up from the ground
and condensing on your metal items.

I learned this the hard way, though rust wasn't the disaster, it was a
very old bookshelf made of laminated hardwood, that delaminated from
moisture. I made a new floor for the shed, putting the flooring on
pallets I scrounged for free. This allows free circulation of air under
the shed and solved the moisture problem for good.

Jon