Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Michael Kennedy[_4_] Michael Kennedy[_4_] is offline

Default SMPS Clicking...

"circuit" wrote in message
Its got to stop sometime after its been unplugged. I do not think there
are any relays in todays plasma power boards, so the ticking is likely
coming from a transformer. Its a ' special effect ' that happens when the
power supply is loaded down somewhere, usually on one of the main DC
outputs. The overload condition triggers an imbalance in the feedback
circuirty, and the power supply cannot sustain itself with this condition
present. You may want to check the temperature of the big heat sinks on
the X-sus board at the peak of the problem, could be they are very hot.

I think you hit the problem dead on. The Y sus board is getting quite hot
but the x sus isnt. Any idea what would cause the board to consume more
wattage and therefore get hot?