Posted to alt.home.repair
AZ Nomad[_2_] AZ Nomad[_2_] is offline

Default OT - Cell phones

On Sat, 09 Oct 2010 15:14:34 -0500, The Daring Dufas wrote:
On 10/9/2010 2:02 PM, Smitty Two wrote:
In ,
The Daring wrote:

The little Nokia
I have now, comes apart, flying in all directions if I drop it.

I dropped my LG over a railing, 14 feet onto a concrete floor a couple
of days ago. The back came off. I reseated the battery, reinstalled the
back, and turned it back on. Nary a scratch, and everything on it works.

My Nokia works after falling to the floor and flying apart. I'm ****ed
about having to crawl under the bed to retrieve the fracking battery
and cover. I haven't tried a 10+ foot drop which I fear it wouldn't
survive unscathed.

My palm pre has never been dropped. It has never been in a pocket with
any other item. Still it developed a crack above the usb/power jack.
The cover for the usb/power jack fell off, and now two new tiny chunks
of plastic near the usb/power jack have come loose. The hole is slowly
growing as the case disintegrates. Phone is about 6 months old.