Posted to alt.home.repair
Jeff Thies Jeff Thies is offline

Default Kitchen Drawers or shelves

On 10/9/2010 2:58 PM, LouB wrote:
Jeff Thies wrote:
I'm working away on my kitchen. Base cabinets are made and I have some
options on making drawers, shelves or pullouts. Last cabinets were all
drawers and pullouts, but I found they were largely crap catchers.

I'm thinking now, jut two drawers, one for cutlery and the other for
tools. Perhaps a third for commonly used dishes, so I can just pull it
out and put them away after washing and drying them (all just to the
right of the sink). Dishes would be upright. Pots and pans commonly
used would be hung over the stove, as before.

But, I'm no kitchen designer, or for that matter cook. What is usefull?

Jeff

If you have an IKEA store available you might want to visit for ideas.

Been there many times and I'll stop later today. The wall cabs are
very interesting but I can't quite figure out the base setups. I don't
see stuff I was thinking about and sometimes I don't understand what is
being displayed.

You could even use their system to design a kitchen:-)) Then build it
yourself.

Or, the reverse! My screw feet came from IKEA. I thought about
getting the euro hinges there too. Remember when you could build stuff
out of Sears parts stores?

Jeff