Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Buckley Mike Buckley is offline

Default Garage floor

In message
, Jim
K writes
On 9 Oct, 19:16, Mike Buckley wrote:
In message
, Jim
K writes

On 9 Oct, 17:44, Mike Buckley wrote:
Following the advice of a couple of weeks ago, the garage ceiling has
been plasterboarded, a integrated loft hatch/ladder[1] installed for
access to the roof space, lighting done and I'm now sealing the concrete
floor.

I'm planning on battening the wall, insulating and plasterboarding - how
low to the floor should the battens go if I was leaving the floor sealed
and not adding anything else like tiles etc?

just dot and dab (plus two fixings at head height) insulated
plasterboards - in one swoop - dead straight forward.

It's a single skin wall, won't any damp cause problems with the
adhesive?

mmm not sure :)

tho the fixings alone will hold it - put more fixings in say 6 per 8X4
and forget the adhesive then?

(same as your battening really without the wood and the multiple
stages, measuring, cutting faffing etc)

Jim K

Well it would save the faff with the wood, so it is appealing. Could be
the way to go.

Anyway, anybody got ideas on flooring?

--
Mike Buckley