Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Eager Bob Eager is offline

Default Parcel delivery problems

On Sat, 09 Oct 2010 19:47:45 +0000, Bob Eager wrote:

On Sat, 09 Oct 2010 20:24:50 +0100, stuart noble wrote:

On 09/10/2010 17:57, Owain wrote:
On Oct 9, 5:14 pm, "Dave Liquorice" wrote:
http://www.mybybox.com
Costs £50/year and you have to travel to your closest of a UK
network of boxes to get your goods.
And their website is broken:
Find my nearest by box enter a postcode choose (eh should that be
find or search?) produces:
XML Parsing Error: not well-formed
Location:http://www.mybybox.com/Register/Step1Line Number 42, Column
56:

It worked for me, but my nearest box is much further to walk than the
post delivery office, and they only keep things until the end of the
following day.

Owain

Mine is outside the local Tesco, so could be useful. Can't get my head
round the logistics of the thing though. Postman arrives at the box
site with parcel, then what happens? How does it get into my box?

There's no 'your' box and the parcel isn't sent there directly. It goes
to their own distribution address, they then deliver it to a spare 'box'
at the location. They then text you an access code.

Would be useful if nearer.

Hmmm. Just noticed you have to pick up by the end of the next day. And
the parcel is only covered for 50 quid, and only if 'their' fault.

And there's a fair use policy of two parcels a week.

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org