Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rich Grise Rich Grise is offline

Default Finally

On Fri, 08 Oct 2010 14:59:02 -0500, RBnDFW wrote:
On 10/8/2010 1:19 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Fri, 08 Oct 2010 10:18:01 -0500, "Pete
"Pete C." wrote:
RBnDFW wrote:
On 10/8/2010 1:06 AM, Steve B wrote:

May make a hydraulic cherry type large boulder lift similar to an
engine puller to move some large rocks with my ATV.

Steve, I hope you'll post details.
I've been scratching my head about how to move a boulder next to my
carport. This one is about 4'x8'x1.5'. Sure, I could run down and
rent a forklift, but where's the fun in that?

Rent a telehandler so you can drop said boulder from a significant
height onto something interesting. Shoot video of course...

Actually, the way to move that rock is pyramid builder style, with a
few modern additions. Use a couple hydraulic jacks to lift the rock
enough to get pipe rollers and cribbing under it, then just roll it
along to where it needs to go.

The fun part is when he gets to excavating around it and finds out that
it's the other half of the 4x8x27' rock which was there before the house
went in.

No, I've dug under it all the way through. No tip o' the iceberg here.

So, get a rock drill, some feathers and wedges, and break it into pavers
and build a patio.

Or, just redesign the landscaping, and make it part of the ambiance. ;-)

Good Luck!
Rich