Posted to rec.woodworking
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Motor Reversing

EXT wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote in message
Found this article...

"Single-phase induction motors drive many arbor-mounted cutting
tools in the home workshop. Stationary grinders, table and radial
arm circular saws frequently turn abrasive or cutting disks that are
directly mounted on the motor's spindle. These disks have large
inertial moments that allow them to free wheel for a long time after
the power is turned off. A lengthy coast to complete stop often
amounts to a major inconvenience."
http://www.homemetalshopclub.org/new...html#reversing

Why did you find it???????????????

I was looking for a home remedy for a festering, fulminating, giant red mass
on my, er, never mind. Just say I stumbled across it and thought it might be
interesting to some (the motor business, not my, um, temporary disability).