RWM

Default Will TS Extension Warp?

"Bill" wrote in message
news:WNGNb.77747$na.43120@attbi_s04...
I am making an extension wing for a tablsaw using MDF. I gluing Formica
to the surface using contact cement. It will be screwed to a frame made
of 3/4" x 2 1/2" maple boards. If I don't seal the bottom of the MDF,
will it warp? My basement shop keeps pretty dry. I know the MDF will
absorb moisture faster on the unsealed bottom making it warp, but the
question is, will the frame boards be stiff enough to overcome that
tendency?

Thanks,

Bill

I don't know if your top will warp but my Delta extension table warped
pretty bad. I am not sure of the exact model of the table but it came with
a Unisaw with 50" Biesmeyer fence. It had a pronounce crown where it met
the saw. I had to sand the laminate off in a fairly large area get it flat.
Now I have to wax the table to insure that wood slides without too much
friction.

Bob McBreen - Yarrow Point, WA