Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default CitiBank, Home Depot doesn't like gun makers

On Fri, 08 Oct 2010 18:31:16 -0400, aemeijers
wrote:

On 10/8/2010 5:25 PM, HeyBub wrote:
Percival P. Cassidy wrote:
On 10/08/10 02:34 pm, DGDevin wrote:

It was Citi Bank - who handles the private label credit cards for
Home Depot - that didn't like guns.

Like it or not, this is how capitalism works. It's THEIR money,
City is free to use it the way they see fit.

Yup.

And if a million American gun owners write Citi Bank saying they are
closing their accounts because of this, Citi Bank will reevaluate
their policy.

So I'd better get my family members and as many friends as possible to
write CitiBank and commend them for their policy.

Absolutely. Be sure to explain why you think their policy is a good one.
Note that the article says Citi's policy is not to support any entity that
is a purveyor to the U.S. military.

I take this as an extension of the more basic underpinning that Citi wants
our warrior class to die.

Well, that is a good indication that the article is BS. I just looked in
my wallet, and the US Govt credit card (the travel version) in there
says 'CITI' on the back. At least half of those cards are held by people
that get a paycheck from DoD. So CITI themselves makes a good chunk of
change off the military.

Government employees should not be issued a US Govt credit card. I've
seen/heard abuses of them.

A guy gets cash from the machine in Boulder, while at a titty bar.
Another buys four tires and has fresh tires on his car. It alls comes
out in the latter audits.

I went to settle a Travel Voucher, with the Cashier one day. She
starting telling me I "have to have a government" credit card --
DOJ/FBOP.

Me: "No I don't."

She: "Yes you do!"

Me: "How can you make me use it? I'm not management!"

Got my cash from the window and walked away.

She wanted to say that because I traveled twice a year, a credit card
was mandatory. Wrong -- on both her counts.