Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking
[email protected][_2_] norminn@earthlink.net[_2_] is offline

Default Cleaning Wood Kitchen Cabinet Doors

On 10/7/2010 11:56 PM, RosemontCrest wrote:
I own a rental property that has stained wood kitchen cabinet doors
without knobs; they have coved recesses on the edges to serve as
finger-pulls. After years of use, grime and oils from hands is
showing. I'm not sure what type of wood it is and the finish appears
to be okay. I want to clean these doors as well as possible without
the need to refinish. I have considered that after I clean them, I
might find damage to the finish, but for now, all I want to do is
clean them.

Years ago, I used with reasonable success Formby'sŪ Deep Cleansing
Build-Up Remover (http://www.formbys.com/products/
buildup_remover.cfm), or whatever it was called at that time.

Is there a better product available today?

Thanks,
Brian

I use mineral spirits on wood furniture and cabinets...good for removing
wax and grease, and have never seen it damage wood finish. Test on
inconspicuous area first.