Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default temporary patch for asphalt shingles

RicodJour wrote:

-snip-

How about just ripping the roof and putting down Ice Guard (or
approved equal) over the whole roof? In the Spring you'll be ready
to go.

I thought about that for a bit-- but you know how that stuff goes. . .
One day to do the job. . . but then you get it off and decide to
replace some plywood-- notice a 2x that needs replacing. . . mess up
some flashing. . . By then I'm rushing because I've got too many
other projects going right now.

I decided I'll trust the $50 tar and 3-4 hours invested now so I can
leisurely decide what I want on the whole roof and hire the works out
next spring. I'm probably not going to do the main roof-- it is 2
1/2 stories up and too steep to walk on.

Jim