Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default And the Kitchen Sink

On Oct 8, 10:32*am, Jeff Thies wrote:
* *I've got my kitchen base cabinets made and need to cut out for the
sink. I have an old stainless sink, that I would like to replace at some
time. Are there any more or less standard dimensions for sink cut outs?
* The outside standard seems to be 33" x 22" .This will have a granite
tile top on it, so it won't be possible to recut later.

* *And about the sink, what kind? Aside from a double, cast iron,
stainless, or something else. I'm hard on just about everything, Kohler
claims their cast iron won't chip, but what about scratches?

* *Jeff

Your question is somewhat confusing.

You have a sink that you would like to replace "at some time", yet you
are asking about "more or less standard dimensions".

If you are planning to use your current sink, aren't you "more or
less" stuck with the dimensions of that sink?

Take a stroll through a couple of Google Image pages for Kitchen Sinks
and look at the vast selection of shapes and sizes.

Do you really want to limit yourself to only those sinks that will fit
into the cut-out size you make now?

Unless you are willing to limit your choices to something that will
fit whatever size opening you make right now, I strongly suggest that
pick a sink *now* and finish the job, even if that hurts the budget.

It'll either cost you more in the long run or you're going to have to
"settle" for something you aren't in love with.