Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dave, I can't do that Dave, I can't do that is offline

Default Adjusting Pumptrol pressure switch Range

Hi All,

I hope not too far off topic.

My well pump is not able to make 50psi anymore and I don't have the
cash to replace it. It is making about 40psi reliably so I adjusted
the pressure switch Range to cut out at 38psi. BUT, because that is a
"range" it now waits until 18-psi before coming on. The spec sheet
states the stock Range is 30 to 50.

I want to shorten the Range so it cuts in around 25 and out at 35. I
have a 200 gallon pressure accumulator so hunting on/off will not be a
major problem.

My guess is to cut some off the length of the Range spring or try for
a lighter spring.

Anyone ever played with this stuff? Suggestions?

I have emailed Square-D but still waiting on a reply.

Thanks in advance.

Dave