Posted to rec.woodworking
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default OT (kinda) - Hardi Panel Siding w/o sheeting

On Oct 8, 2:07*pm, "
wrote:

I certainly don't see how a continuous air flow powered by mother
nature's heat would work any differently on your siding detail than on
a roof/attic detail. *It is the same exact principle, so I would
expect the same results. *Good results.

An attic always has more heat gain, even if shaded by trees, than
siding on the North side of the building, so the temperature
differential and the chimney effect is greatly reduced.

The eave/ridge vents are there to remove heat, and to some degree,
moisture. Rain screen design is meant to reduce moisture, and has an
added benefit of reducing heat gain, but heat gain is not always a bad
thing - at least not in all climates. I want all the heat gain I can
get in winter.