Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RBnDFW RBnDFW is offline

Default Finally

On 10/8/2010 12:36 PM, Pete C. wrote:

Winston wrote:

RBnDFW wrote:

(...)

I probably need to measure it accurately and get a good estimate of
the weight.

~145 lb/cu. ft. for sandstone.
~7000 lbs?!

Ok, so two palette jacks, one from each end (mine is rated 5,500#)

I think lifting it off the ground would be the easy part.
Moving it would be the challenge. Even if I had a trailer stout enough
to carry it, I don't think I could roll one under it, especially with
tripod legs to avoid.

Time to build a humongous offroad gantry crane!

Nah, two palette jacks, running on 2x12 rails with edge guide cleats,
use a standard winch to tug the whole mess along. Piece of cake

Need help?

Sure. Bring a pallet jack
Did I mention I'm on a hillside?
--