Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Winston Winston is offline

Default OT appliance help OT

Snag wrote:
Winston wrote:
Snag wrote:

(...)

Somethin'g shorting both legs to ground at startup , and I can't
figger out what it is .

I changed my mind. Shorted heater element. Disconnect the 'high
limit' switch and I bet it fluffs just fine.

(...)

--Winston

My meter sez it'n not grounded anywhere in that circuit .

Just FWIW, (as a thought exercise only) you could cut the ground pin
off of the dryer plug and still take out both fuses if the heater
element were shorted. (Short L1 to L2 and things get sparky.)

narrowed it down now to one of the control devices , and the ones it could
be are both spendy . He doesn't wanna mess with it , and he's got the money
saved for a replacement unit . Smart boy !

I agree. (Freecycle, Estate sale, Craigslist)

Plus I'll get some more nice flat sheet metal stock for my pile ...

Cool.

--Winston