Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT - Cell phones

Stormin Mormon wrote:
My cell phone died. LG VX-5500. A year and a half old, not that old.
Took my old backup phone to the cell store, and got the service moved
over.

New phone arrives tomorrow, Fed Ex. I'm amazed how essential cell
phone is, in my life. Not sure what I did before they were invented.

Same here. They're much handier than the business band radios of
old. We can leave voice mail for each other with the phone which is a
big advantage over the radios. We can call our farmer customers if we
need to. They can't call us. Our phones don't broadcast our numbers, a
very handy feature.
My co worker has a camera phone. It was handy once. He tried to
describe an electrical component to me without success. He showed me a
picture of it the next day.
I bought the first personal ones for my parents. They needed one if
they had problems traveling on country roads in Nebraska.
A list here of prepaid cell phones if anyone happens to be
interested: http://tinyurl.com/dfyvn