Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_6_] Leon[_6_] is offline

Default Sanding table

"tiredofspam" nospam.nospam.com wrote in message
I made a sanding table years ago from peg board that I enlarged the hole in
and supported the board using small dowels to keep the board level but not
block air flow.

I would like to cover that with a glued on router/sanding pad.
My biggest fear is that spray 77 which I thought of using would just
collect dust, and also get past just the glue-able area to the top of the
pad, rolling on a contact cement would lead to the same.

How should I attach the pad to avoid gumming up the works? Thanks

Think about what the function of a router/sanding pad is.....Why would you
want to glue down a pad that naturally does not want to move?
So your answer might be because as it gets loaded with dust it becomes less
effective in holding itself and or things that you put on it in place. So
again I ask why would you want to glue down a router pad?

Seems the suction of the sanding table should keep the pad in place..

I used router/sanding pads for years to cushion my work from the hard work
surface and they worked fine but now I prefer to use the Bench Cookies that
Rockler sells.