Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARWadsworth ARWadsworth is offline

Default Bricking up an external door

dennis@home wrote:
"Nutkey" wrote in message
On Oct 5, 8:21 pm, "dennis@home"
wrote:
"Martin Bonner" wrote in message

Cavity wall insulation didn't become required until the 70's,

It wasn't required in the early eighties.
Until about three years ago I had the only house with cavity wall
insulation
in the street and I had to pay for that in 1981 just after the
house was built. Quite a few have been done now its subsidised. I
can't moan though, I

Now it's subsidised... My dad popped round to see a neighbour last
night. Rang me up afterwards to tell me that she's having cavity wall
insulation put in for free (she's an OAP).

Trouble is, she has solid walls. I think I might go round with my dad
to watch....

Watch from outside.. they will drill holes through the wall and fill
the room with insulation.

Now that would be fun if they were still using the expanding foam type of
cavity wall insulation.

--
Adam