Posted to rec.woodworking
eclipsme[_2_] eclipsme[_2_] is offline

Default Adjusted the fence last night...

On 10/6/2010 9:44 AM, wrote:
On Oct 6, 8:16 am, wrote:
On 10/4/2010 5:14 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

On Sun, 3 Oct 2010 18:46:13 -0700,
wrote:

wrote in message

SO....you have positive 3 on the right and negative 3 on the
left.....that makes for a total of 6 thou difference

No, it doesn't. Think about it.

CW's right. If you had a sled which was 0.003 off and you cut both
sides of a panel with it without flipping it, it would be 0.006 off.

But you're referencing the fence on your saw BUT the splitter holds
the board/panel inline. It might bind and burn just a wee bit on the
second cut, but there should be no 0.006" difference.

--
Know how to listen, and you will
profit even from those who talk badly.

For a while, I had a zero-insert that I cut a short slot into in-line
with the blade and the same thickness of the blade. I took a thin piece
of cherry and glued it into the slot. This made for a very nice
splitter, until I snapped off the cherry one day by sliding a board
across it.

I would be interested in hearing of any improvements to this technique.

http://www.microjig.com/products/mj-...er/index.shtml
...in steel. I snapped off a plastic one too.

That looks interesting. This is steel? It looks like plastic. Never
thought of making the splitter part be removable. Thanks! Harvey