Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Buerste Buerste is offline

Default Don't Bring A Knife To A Gunfight

"Harold & Susan Vordos" wrote in message
. ..

"Bill Noble" wrote in message

"Steve B" wrote in message

"Bill Noble" wrote in message

"Rich Grise" wrote in message
news On Tue, 05 Oct 2010 20:02:59 -0700, Bill Noble wrote:

it is really sad to see how much we have given up, how much we
willingly
throw away - there was a time when we thought gun violence was bad
and
should be avoided, when murder was undesirable, and when we wanted
less
crime - in this thread all there is is gloating over death, not a
single
person says "it's sad that a gun was needed", not a single person
says
anything at all except to praise violence. you guys are sick.

So, you find it distasteful that a man can defend his life and
property
by proper use of a firearm at the proper time? Would you rather have
seen the perpetrator cut the shopkeeper's throat?

Thanks,
Rich

no, that is not what I said - I haven't watched the movie and I don't
intend to. What I said is that we used to find this violence offensive
and bad, and every respondent except me has done nothing but gloat over
the employment of violence. That is what is sad, not that someone in
defense of their life was successful. I stand by my statement, you
guys are sick

Think what you want, but if you are ever in a Luby's, or McDonald's, or
other situation where there is a camoed up shooter, no, you cannot
borrow my gun. If that makes me sick, then I'm sick. Is being willing
to defend one's own life, and those of innocent bystanders an indication
of being sick, and if so, how so?

Steve

No problem, I won't be there. I leave places where people carry weapons,
and I take my business elsewhere.

Sorry, Bill, but you can't know that. You'd probably be surprised to
discover how many places you've been where folks carry.

Harold

My club has quarterly CCW classes. Way more than half the 25 or so students
in each class are ladies and almost all are 40. And, this is rural
America!