DKSanders

Default Lightning conductors

Thanks to you all for the very informative and interesting responses.

I had no idea there was so much involved or to be considered. Therefore I
will use from stores:
a No 1, Pole, Barge, Avoidance, for the use of.
and recommend that my friend contacts e.g. Furse if he is really sure he
needs one.

Thanks again all, I was very impressed by the level of knowledge out there
and found it fascinating reading.

Dave

"DKSanders" wrote in message
Hi All,
I have been asked to fit a lightning conductor to a friends house

extension
(a 'tower' like extra floor in the middle of the existing house!). How
should this be done, any special considerations etc, where do you get the
conductor from, do you have to use copper 'tape' like you see coming down
from church spires, does it connect to a normal earth rod?

Any help or advice gratefully appreciated, thanks.