Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] dav1936531@nowhere.invalid is offline

Default Don't Bring A Knife To A Gunfight

On Wed, 6 Oct 2010 22:59:10 -0700, "Bill Noble"
wrote:

yes, you guys are gloating about violence - read it in your words. I never
said that I was unarmed, nor that I would not defend myself or my family. I
did say you guys are sick for glorifying violence - if it wasn't to glorify
it, why did you feel an urge to post it here (no, not you don F, the OP) and
why did everyone else feel the need to chime in and discuss the weapons and
tactics, and "oh, was that a soda can exploding or a second shot", instead
of saying 'what a sad state we are coming to where this kind of act is
filmed and posted, where people do these things to each other". I stand
by it - you guys are sick

I am the Original Poster. I posted it here because I am aware that gun
owning pro Second Amendment people inhabit this group. As you may or
may not be aware, many of the country's most important Constitutional
rights are under severe attack right now. Spurring a discussion in
regards to what is at stake in losing those rights was my motivation
for posting the video's link, not glorifying any of the violence
involved.

A very thin line exists between civilization and the chaotic law of
the jungle. We can see a microcosm of that thin line right in this
video. Will rational civilized man become the subjects of domination
by psychopaths, or will the self-preservation of rationality win out?

Someone famous once said: "You may have no interest it war,....but war
has an interest in you". I believe that person was Foreign Secretary
Molotov, one of Stalin's underlings.

War against the domination of psychopathology came to this person
quite unexpectedly. But at least he was prepared for that possibility.
If rational human beings ever become unprepared for the possibility
that psychopaths will gain domination over them, then all hope of
civilization is lost.

And, at this particular juncture in human history, the psychopaths are
attempting once again to gain that domination.
Dave