Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jules Richardson Jules Richardson is offline

Default The Holy Grail

On Thu, 07 Oct 2010 01:12:58 +0100, Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:

drugs began to take hold. I remember geraldthehamster
saying something like:

Oh come on, there must be a way we haven't thought of.

Easy - peasy.

Flood the underfloor space with wotter and on it float a carpet of
sticky foam pellets that will stick to the underside of the joists and
floorboards. Drain away the moisture, and there y'go.

:-) Oddly enough, I almost suggested the same approach, but with
expanding foam - but then I got to wondering if that stuff actually
floats in water before it's done its expanding and set, and I didn't have
any around to test with. Didn't want to give poor advice, so kept quiet.

;-)