Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home dennis@home is offline

Default Inkjet printer cartridge refills

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
ll.co.uk...
On Thu, 7 Oct 2010 11:53:11 +0100, dennis@home wrote:

ITYM they need to be kept plugged in and on standby.
They will then perform cycles to prevent the heads drying out,

Not heard that before, none of my injets have done that to my
knowledge and there is nothing the manual. These are now old printers
mind, both Epson a Stylus Color II and Sylus Photo Color 890. Maybe
the makers are catching on to this major drawback with infrequent use
of an inkjet?

Maybe they have people detectors to make sure they only do it when you
aren't there.
Maybe its only all in ones, mine are AIO except for the Stylus colour 1510
and I don't leave that on.
Maybe you are correct and they didn't do it on old ones.
I think a straw poll is called for, it will be more fun than impossible
physics. ;-)