Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home dennis@home is offline

Default OT Here is an example of pseudo science.

"Ronald Raygun" wrote in message
dennis@home wrote:

"Ronald Raygun" wrote in message
news

I can also do it in a moving frame, for example in that moving at the
hero's initial speed, and get the same answer. I can even do it in a
frame which accelerates with the hero, and still get the same answer,
but it isn't really very interesting, and dennis wouldn't understand the
inertial forces adjustment.

After seeing your reply to my post where you changed frames of reference
and said I was changing them when I clearly did not I don't think you
understand it at all.

Before I move to the next step, are you happy with the analysis so far?

You shouldn't be, not until you understand what the same frame of
reference means.
It might help to understand what physical effects a perfect propeller
means too.

I didn't change frames. I did the analysis in just the one frame,
with all measurements relative to the ground. I showed the workings,
which confirmed that the energies at the beginning add up to the same
as at the end.

You changed them from my example and got them wrong, there was no slowing of
the wind in my example and you just slowed it by using a different frame of
reference. Check it if you want, I know that there was no slowing of the
wind. Which is why there was no energy being extracted and that was the
absolute best case for you to get energy from the wind.
Then I also did the whole analysis of the same situation in a different
frame, and then in a third one too, and got the energies to balance
there too, but I merely reported this without showing the workings.

Did you see my subsequent post in which the hero is able to power
a 120 W lightbulb by using only 90 W of muscle power, plus the
spare 30W harvested from slowing down the plebs? What did you
think of it?

I hope I'm not speaking too soon, as that post has not yet passed
Rick's inspection.