Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Don Foreman Don Foreman is offline

Default Don't Bring A Knife To A Gunfight

On Wed, 6 Oct 2010 13:50:50 -0700, "Bill Noble"
wrote:

no, that is not what I said - I haven't watched the movie and I don't intend
to. What I said is that we used to find this violence offensive and bad,
and every respondent except me has done nothing but gloat over the
employment of violence.

The violence was initiated by an assailant with a knife. You decried
as gun violence a legal response with handgun to attack with a deadly
weapon (knife), but not the originating violent criminal act that
precipitated the event. Would you like to explain that, please?

Responders here aren't gloating about violence, they're applauding
successful legal defense against criminal violent deadly attack.

Perhaps you genuinely would rather be a victim of violence than
present self-defense that is forceful enough to succeed? If so God
bless you ... but it's absurd to expect others to be so submissive.