Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Suspension Experts ??

On Wed, 06 Oct 2010 08:44:02 -0500, RBnDFW
wrote:

On 10/5/2010 6:37 PM, wrote:
On Tue, 05 Oct 2010 11:33:54 -0500,
wrote:

On 10/5/2010 10:02 AM, Snag wrote:
RBnDFW wrote:

I'd keep an eye out on both Craigslist and also any active hunting
forums. You might find a wrecked or locked-up ATV for cheap. You might
also see if there is someone who repairs them, who might have some in
back that he salvages from.
Sounds like you are leaning toward 1-2. I'd prefer the 2-1, but
then I'm a sporty-car kinda guy.

Here's an example. Sounds like he values it around $500

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/rvs/1989355251.html

Wow, here's your deal:

http://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/rvs/1988740364.html

--
I can see November from my front porch

Too bad that second one is in Texas !

look at the rear view of this thing - it's perfect!

http://www.amazon.com/Honda-300EX-Re.../dp/B002SZAEGA

Removing the "suspension" tires I'm not sure if I'd want the
unsupported axles on a road machine. The diff and brakes would be a
good start though.

I agree, this particular model is a lightweight 300cc.
Some of it's bigger brothers have a nice double-wishbone suspension
front and rear. Those also tend to be the models that get totaled out
more frequently, I'd imagine.

And when the 300s are totalled, the rear end is most likely severely
damaged.