Posted to alt.home.repair
AZ Nomad[_2_] AZ Nomad[_2_] is offline

Default Propane generator for blackouts?

On Wed, 06 Oct 2010 12:41:02 -0500, The Daring Dufas wrote:
On 10/5/2010 11:26 AM, dgk wrote:
On Mon, 4 Oct 2010 14:18:52 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

Y2K didn't do much except fuel the nega-doomers. The folks who
ridicule anyone who prepares for trouble. Hurricanes are still a
concern. And winter time storms. Freezing rain is what pulls down
power wires in my area.

I'm in software and we busted our butt to make sure that nothing bad
happened. Lots of software changes, lots of tests with our customers,
and sure enough, Y2K comes and nothing goes wrong. But it sure would
have without all the work we put in.

I remember changing out the BIOS in a number of computers to make them
compatible with the new date.

During the y2k rollover, I didn't have any ten year old computers. All of them
handled the year 2000 with no problem.

Did you finally get rid of those 80286 and 80386 systems you were using while
the rest of us were using Pentium Is, IIs and III's? Even 486 systems had no
problem with y2k.