Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Don Foreman Don Foreman is offline

Default Disobedience

On Wed, 06 Oct 2010 07:12:47 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Tue, 05 Oct 2010 23:18:12 -0500, Don Foreman
wrote:

On Tue, 5 Oct 2010 09:19:32 -0700 (PDT), "Denis G."
wrote:

Have you looked at shrink wrapping? I don't own a boat, but it seems
to be popular among some boat owners.

There'd still need to be some sort of underlying support structure to
keep from having flat or concave places so snow won't accumulate.

Conduit is your friend. Cheap, galvanized against the weather, and
plentiful. http://www.creativeshelters.com/ has fittings.

In snow and blow country, you might have to weld or move to stronger
pipe, though. I'm blessed to have had very little experience with
either.

That's what I had and used for 15 years, until the twits at city hall
decided that such a structure was in violation of the state building
code and couldn't be tolerated. I made the fittings using a MIG box.