Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] celticsoc@aol.com is offline

Default Harbor Freight Reviews

On Sep 28, 11:38*pm, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Sep 28, 11:32*pm, mm wrote:

On Tue, 28 Sep 2010 12:42:33 -0400, wrote:
On Tue, 28 Sep 2010 09:30:10 -0700 (PDT), "hr(bob) "
wrote:

On Sep 28, 11:16*am, LouB wrote:
Stormin Mormon wrote:
* *http://hfreviews.com/reviews.php
If you have used a Harbor Freight item or considering buying one.
Write a reveiew, or read what others say. Might help others, or save
yourself some grief. I'm not the webmaster, and I didn't come up with
the idea.

Probably will have a lot of complaints

Bought one of their wrist-mounted blood pressure gizmos a month ago,
on sale for $12.99 I think, we're very happy with the device, it works
great once you learn how to mount it properly on your wrist. *Other
small stuff I've purchased seems to be ok, not high quality, but great
for the price.

Anyone who expects a BMW for the price of a Yugo will be disappointed.
Harbor Freight has a LOT of loyal customers who buy with that
understanding. Meanwhile, I have many things from HF that turned out
to be MUCH better than I expected.

A few disappointments, too, but it was never a costly mistake. :-)

I bought a bunch of things and have never been disappointed that I
remember. *I bought one of the 4x8 trailers for 200 or 250, had it
delivered to my brother's in Texas, assembled it there, and drove back
with some of my old furniture on it. *Worked fine, still have it, but
have not much need for it. *Oh yeah, the wiring to the lights was
complete, but very flimsy, and the clips that clipped it to the frame
didn't work well, and the wires dropped out and got cut. *I bought a
new harness, from them, packaged seaprately. . I should tape it on or
better yet drlll holes and use wire holders. *Maybe I will.

"...have never been disappointed that I remember."

You mean you weren't disappointed that "the clips that clipped it to
the frame
didn't work well, and the wires dropped out and got cut"?

What would it have taken to disappoint you?- Hide quoted text -

Well, to start with, expectations. They aren't too high with HF. I
buy stuff there with the expectation of short term and the hope of
long term.