Posted to rec.woodworking

Default OT (kinda) - Hardi Panel Siding w/o sheeting

On Tue, 5 Oct 2010 16:51:27 -0500, "Leon"
wrote:

"Leon" wrote in message

.

Gotta agree with using a moisture barier to keep the contents dry. My
shed went through Hurricane Ike a bouple of years ago and not a drop of
water came in. I did however use the more expensive Tyvek sheathing over
tar paper. I used the Tyvek over tar paper for two reasons, I did not
want to smell the tar smell inside the shed on a hot summer day and the
Tyvek is white not black, that helps the interior to be lighter inside
when the door is the only source of light.

Correction, I chose Tyvek over tar paper, I did not use Tyvek on top of tar.
That did not come out clearly, Imagine...

The way you're saying it, the tar paper is next to the studs and the
building smells like tar. You meant to say tar paper over Tyvek,
right? The layers are studs, tyvek, tarpaper, siding, in order of
installation.

--
Know how to listen, and you will
profit even from those who talk badly.