Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jules Richardson Jules Richardson is offline

Default The Holy Grail

On Wed, 06 Oct 2010 00:21:10 +0100, me9 wrote:

On 5 Oct,
Jules Richardson wrote:

How much space are we talking about? It's surprising how small a space
a human can fit into. Insulating probably doesn't need a lot of
clearance, either - no messing with power tools, no need to swing a
hammer etc.

Flat panel insulation needs a big hole in the floor to fit if there is
no depth, particularly if thick. Flexible insulation is generally an
irritant, I don't like getting too close.

I'm toying with pulling through spaceblanket (mineral wool (or is it
recycled bottles) wrapped in a plastic film, much less irritating than
bare stuff.--

If only you can get in there, you could probably attach some form of fine
netting to the underside of the joists and then use blown-in insulation
to fill the gaps between the joists.

cheers

Jules