Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Painting Tire Rims

On Tue, 05 Oct 2010 17:22:16 -0500, Jim Yanik
wrote:

Smitty Two wrote in newsrestwhich-
:

In article ,
Jim Yanik wrote:

Smitty Two wrote in
news

OPM is the easiest kind to spend, but I was still thinking frugal.
Personally, I wouldn't spend $5 or 5 minutes on prettying up a trailer
wheel. But, owning a high-end hobby sandblaster (~$1800 about 8 years
ago), when I *do* want something to look nice, I blast. It beats the
hell out of sanding by two orders of magnitude.

the newest thing is soda blasting.
It is eco-friendly and cleans up with water.

I didn't know sandblasting was eco-unfriendly.

compared to chemicals or beadblasting,I guess.

IIRC,sandblasting removes more material you don't want removed.(metal)

Have you any experience
with soda blasting? I did a five minute research project on google.
Curious about how quickly and well it could remove paint and rust if it
doesn't harm glass or rubber.

I've just seen it being done on a couple of TV auto shows. Muscle Car
Workout(MCW) on WDBS CH.15 Daytona Beach(PBS),and IIRC,SpeedChannel's
Chop,Cut,and Rebuild (CCR)
It stripped the paint off a car body pretty quick,right down to bare metal.
MCW used it on the car body and the frame.

Sada blasting is good for removing paint - not so good for rust.