Posted to alt.home.repair
bpuharic bpuharic is offline

Default frozen AC unit

On Sun, 03 Oct 2010 14:24:10 -0400, bpuharic wrote:

we have a split unit AC unit. has a tendency, on occasion, to start up
on its own. we were out of town this weekend and came back to find
out the whole thing was frozen up. i've shut it off at the breaker to
allow it to defrost.

question: is it destroyed? i did briefly try to start it and the
control system lit up,and didn't trip any breakers but nothing started
up.

any suggestions or comments? thanks much

left AC Off for the last few days....it started up today and is
working fine...will check freon level in spring