Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jerry Jerry is offline

Default Aldi torque wrench - likely to be any good?

"Steve Firth" wrote in message
.. .
: Dave wrote:
:
: Jerry is right about the feel. I have worked on tools most of
my life
: and it is right, you do get a feel for the torque you are
applying with
: a spanner or ratchet. I've probably lost it since I have been
off the
: tools too long now.
:
: I've worked on my cars for years now, the problem with these
bolts is
: that the torque is high anyway and there's very little movement
between
: sufficient and broken. Jerky is talking crap.

So how come everyone else, who has a clue, is able to work on the
same make and model of your car and they don't break such bolts,
the fact is only a total numtpy would do as you did Mr Firth.