The Firehouse

Default Workbench top?

If you're patient and have access to some hardwood pallets and a
thickness planer....

There's lots of maple pallets out there. cut them into 2" slats and
laminate them up. It'd make a super solid top. Take the time to lay it
out properly and make sure you add holes for your dogs before you glue
it up (if you're using square dogs).

Jeff

On Wed, 7 Jan 2004 11:41:21 -0600, "Dave Keith"
wrote:

Yep, I live in Saskatoon. And no, not off the top of my head, but I gotta
go pick up some wood and will check.

Dave

"Guy LaRochelle" wrote in message
Hey!

Nice to here someone from home............are you from Saskatoon? Do you
happen to know what the price of the maple is? Regards. -Guy

"Dave Keith" wrote in message
What about Windsor Plywood on Miller Ave in Saskatoon. They sell maple

"Guy LaRochelle" wrote in message
I checked the Grainger website and they have complete work benches but

didn't see just the maple top.........do you have to go right to a

store
buy the top alone? I think there is alot of maple in eastern Canada

but
not
here in Saskatchewan. Do you guys get maple shipped to you from long
distances or do you have some locally? Regards. -Guy

"Greg" wrote in message
Maple is awesome but VERY expensive
for a workbench and most of us can't afford it.

If you have a Grainger near you they will sell you a 30"x72" maple

bench
top
for about $200. I bought one and glued one up. The one I made cost

more.

BTW I thought the maple was the Canada national tree or something.

Don't
y'all
have a maple leaf on your flag?